Tuesday, January 14, 2014

State of the Ovary Address

Hi, my name is Kimberly and I have an Ovarian Dysfunction...
And Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome {PCOS} with insulin resistance.

All of that is fancy for "I don't naturally ovulate without medication".

I'm still learning that this simply defines my condition. It does not define who I am.

I laid in bed last night, room spinning from a new medication, thinking about how far we've come from the beginning of this whole journey.

We started a year ago, exploring the effects my husband's current medications could cause to a fetus if we were to get pregnant. Little did we know then that I would undergo a plethora of tests based on a few answers on a questionnaire during our first consult with the doctor.

Come to find out, I have a TON of eggs {probably because I don't ovulate them} and because of an insulin resistance, the eggs can't mature enough to ovulate. Leaving me with, what the doctor calls, an "ovarian dysfunction". Top that with a growth found in my uterus, making my little womb an uncozy place for a little baby and here we are- battling to create a family of 3.

I don't know why God choose us for this journey or what His plan is for us. But I do know that He has made me a more reflective person- more in tune with my heart, my mind, and my faith. There are days that my emotions are bursting at the seams- literally. And then there's days where I almost feel numb. Nothing. I think it's all par for the course.

So now where am I in all this?

I take each day, each test, each phone call as it comes. 
I've found peace in knowing that my god has a plan and His plan never fails.
I take comfort in my husband's strength. He is my rock through this.

I have hope that this cycle will work. It's our 5th cycle on Letrozole. The blood work and ultrasounds show that this dosage is helping my body ovulate. We're using an injection this month that will help us time the release of the egg and then it's a waiting game.

Today I feel hopeful.
Hopeful for our date with destiny.
Hopeful for God's will. 


1 comment:

  1. I'll keep you in my prayers! We have been trying for about 3 years to have a baby. Turns out, I have a hostile uterus and kill off all my hubby's sperm. I also don't ovulate naturally. We have started 3 different IUI cycles, but had to cancel all three because my body just wasn't responding the way it was supposed to. So now we are just taking a step back and waiting a few months before we try again. Good luck! I know the emotional roller coaster infertility is and I'll pray for strength...for both of us :)

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete